On Tuesday, Nov. 24, the family of Antonio Williams’ held a virtual press conference calling for the firing of the NYPD officers who shot and killed the 27-year-old father and NYPD Officer Brian Mulkeen on Sept 29 2019. The incident took place after plainclothes officers attempted to arrest Williams for unspecified reasons. Officer Mulkeen was a victim of friendly fire. Williams’ family announced that they have filed a lawsuit with the Bronx Supreme Court which alleges that the shooting “violated New York state law and the NYPD’s departmental regulations.”
News on Antonio Williams
The family of a man fatally shot by police in the Bronx last year – in an incident that also led to the friendly fire shooting death of an officer -- is suing the city and the NYPD, claiming officers’ questionable tactics were directly responsible for the fatalities.
The family of a man who was shot to death by police is planning to take the NYPD to court.
This comes after the family says new video doesn’t add up to what the department says.
Antonio Williams, 27, was killed last year during a confrontation with the NYPD that also led to the death of Officer Brian Mulkeen.
“He was funny, he pretty much brought joy to everyone when he came in. He was a jokester,” said Williams’ stepmother, Gladys Williams.
Antonio Williams was waiting for a cab one night in 2019 when a slew of NYPD officers chased, kicked, and punched him in the head, before fatally shooting him and letting him bleed out for five minutes. And they still won’t reveal why they approached the 27-year-old in the first place, according to a lawsuit and new footage released by his family.