Amidst the crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is critical that Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio take emergency action to protect the lives and survival needs of homeless New Yorkers. As organizations representing and working with New York's homeless communities to organize, build power and provide direct life-saving services, we have released a letter to the Governor and Mayor demanding State and City take immediate action to:
- Meet the survival needs of people living on the street.
- End all law enforcement sweeps, diversion and targeting of homeless New Yorkers.
- Leave no one hungry
- Use vacant hotels & SRO's to ensure safety for those in shelters and on the street
- House the homeless NOW!
- Enforce safety measures and increase support in all shelters
- Ensure access to quality healthcare.
Click here to read the full letter (endorsement list in formation) and use the form below to add your organization to the growing list of endorsers calling for action to ensure all New Yorkers are cared for in this critical time and moving forward!
What does it mean to endorse the #ProtectHomelessFromCOVID #HomelessCantStayHome letter related to the call for City and State to care for and immediately house people who are homeless in the COVID-19 pandemic?
Endorsing means that your organization will be listed on future endorser listings related to the letter demands. You may also receive updates related to the campaign to secure these demands. As an endorsing organization, you can show your support by:
- Amplify the demands on social media and in your e-communications.
- Help to mobilize pressure for immediate needs for homeless people to be met.
- Reach out to your networks to encourage others to endorse these critical demands
Thank you for joining the call for critical, emergency action to address the needs of homeless New Yorkers amid the COVID-19 pandemic.